Has it been awhile since your last vehicle service appointment? If you notice any of the warning signs that it is time for maintenance, the Chevrolet Certified Service Department at Bowman Chevy would be glad to assist you. What are the warning signs you should look out for?
“In the event that something goes wrong, there are usually warning signs that led up to it. By following the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule and heeding the warning signs that your vehicle may need service, you can have added peace of mind driving. Some of the warning signs that your vehicle may need service include fluid leaking, lower gas mileage, not starting right away, grinding or squeaking brakes, strange noises, or your vehicle starts drifting to one side or the other. Dashboard warning lights, like the check engine light, oil pressure warning light, coolant temp warning light, or the tire pressure monitor alert, also help warn about potential problems. All these signs mean it’s time for maintenance, and Chevrolet Certified Service can help you with the necessary repairs. Call or click to schedule your appointment today.”
Schedule an Appointment at Bowman Chevy
It is quick and convenient to schedule your next service appointment. Simply fill out our online form, or give us a call at (877) 345-9943.
When your car is in need of a replacement part or when you are looking to upgrade your vehicle with accessories, there are many options on the market. You may be wondering about the difference between OEM vs. aftermarket parts. While aftermarket parts may have an attractive price point, there are many reasons to opt for OEM parts from Bowman Chevrolet.
What are Aftermarket Parts?
An aftermarket part is any auto part or accessory that is not produced by the original manufacturer of the car. While aftermarket parts may be cheaper than those directly sourced from the original manufacturer, there are a few things to consider.
- Overwhelming selection – With aftermarket parts, there could be dozens of options for even the most simple components, like spark plugs. This could make it difficult to decide on the best option, and you could end up getting stuck with a low quality part.
- Quality can vary immensely – When compared with OEM parts, some aftermarket parts may be inferior due to the use of lower quality materials in production. Although the price tag may be attractive, sometimes you get what you pay for.
- Lack of warranty – To ensure a low price point, may aftermarket parts come without a warranty. Some may even void a vehicle’s warranty.
Why Choose OEM Parts?
OEM parts are created by the vehicle’s manufacturer, so they are a perfect match for the parts they replace. What are some of the benefits of OEM parts?
- Selection is easy – With OEM parts, there is usually just one type available, so you don’t have to try to determine the quality of the part you choose.
- Assurance of quality – Because the OEM part you get is exactly the same as the one it replaces, you are familiar with its performance.
- Warranties are included – Most OEM parts come with at least a one-year warranty against any defects.
Visit the Bowman Chevy Parts Department
At Bowman Chevy, we are proud to offer high quality auto parts to ensure your vehicle operates at peak performance for many years to come. Stop by today to browse our extensive inventory, or set up a service appointment for anything from routine maintenance to extensive repairs from the comfort of your home.
When winter arrives, traveling—even just around town—can be difficult with inclement weather. This is why it’s important for you to get winter tires on your vehicle, regardless of what type of vehicle you drive. From those with sedans to those with pickup trucks, winter tires make it easier for you to navigate because they offer better traction than other tires on the market today. If you’re curious about getting winter tires, the following information will help sway you into doing so.
Winter tires allow you to handle the roads in a more profound way. Even if you have all-season tires, winter tires have better technology to provide enhanced traction. If you place summer tires on your vehicle, you’ll definitely want to switch to winter tires because they don’t perform well once the temperature gets cold. Finally, for SUVs or pickup trucks that come with all-wheel drive, adding snow tires gives you the enhanced traction on the road as well as the power needed to keep moving in snowy and icy conditions.
So how are winter tires better?
- They consist of flexible rubber compounds that contact the road in cold conditions.
- The tread designs offer maximum grip in all types of weather.
- Extra slots make it easier for these tires to grab onto snow.
- Special tread compounds ensure traction is achieved even on icy conditions.
Aside from getting snow tires on your vehicle, the winter conditions can be tough to manage. During this time, it’s extremely important for you to ensure you are using preventative driving measures and paying extra attention to what’s going on in front of you. In addition, be smart about how fast you’re driving, especially when the conditions are slippery. When you’re focused and alert, you can improve the way you handle the road.
Let Bowman Chevrolet Help
When purchasing winter tires, it’s a good idea to purchase them from a trusted source who knows your vehicle inside and out. Bowman Chevrolet has a talented service center that can help provide you with the right tires for your vehicle and even have them installed quickly. Visit us today at 6750 Dixie Highway in Clarkston, MI or contact us at 877-3345-9943 to find out more about our current offers.
“Why won’t my car start?” If you have recently asked this question, Bowman Chevy is here to help. There are several possible reasons why your car isn’t starting properly. Schedule your service appointment today, and our technicians will get your vehicle back up and running in no time.
- Dead battery – Most often, a dead battery is the cause of a no-start. The battery may also be weak, causing a low, groaning sound. Instrument panel lights may also be dim. Typically, a jump-start should at least temporarily fix this issue, but it is important to find the cause of the dead battery to prevent the problem in the near future.
- Bad starter – A bad starter may seem like a weak battery, causing the same type of sound, but it is a different issue. You may also hear a grinding sound, or the starter may not turn over at all.
- Out of gas – This may seem like a no-brainer, but it does happen. Check the needle on your fuel gauge to see if it is the culprit.
- Faulty alternator – When the alternator is not operating at peak performance, the battery may not get properly charged.
- Weak fuel pump – You may have plenty of fuel in the tank, but if the fuel pump is weak, that fuel may be prevented from reaching the engine.
- Worn spark plugs – Because spark plugs typically don’t need to be replaced until the 100,000-mile mark, this simple task is often overlooked.
Schedule a Service Appointment Today
If you are unsure about what is preventing your vehicle from starting properly, the experts at Bowman Chevy would be glad to assist you. Our state-of-the-art facility has all of the latest diagnostic tools to find precisely what is wrong with your vehicle. Our certified technicians have the knowledge, training, and expertise to get your vehicle back to peak performance. Set up your appointment today, and be back on the road sooner than you may think! Contact us for more information.
Although Chevy vehicles are expertly designed with safety as a top priority, having a vehicle safety kit in your car can give you added peace of mind. What should be included in your vehicle safety kit? Explore our checklist below!
Our Handy Checklist
- Jumper cables
- Road flares
- Rain poncho
- Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Duct tape
- Fire extinguisher
- Multipurpose tool
- Water bottles and non-perishable snacks
- A first aid kit (include bandages, antiseptic, antibiotic ointment, tweezers, cotton balls, gauze pads, and aspirin)
Other Additional Items
There are several other items that may be beneficial to include depending on your driving needs and location.
- Ice scraper
- Blankets or other warm clothing items
- Cat litter (for slick roads)
- Battery-powered fan
- Antifreeze/brake fluid (if you have an older vehicle)
How Should I Pack My Vehicle Safety Kit?
There are a few tips to consider when building your vehicle safety kit. First, find a clear plastic container that has a secure lid. Second, make sure everything is arranged neatly. It is best if items are in a single layer for easy access. Third, list all of the items in the kit and attach that list to the lid of the container. Lastly, keep tabs on each item in the kit and replace anything that is used up or expired.
Visit Bowman Chevy Today
Chevy prides itself on producing vehicles with all of the latest safety amenities, but it is a good idea to create a vehicle safety kit for your car in case of any unexpected emergencies. For more information about vehicle safety, contact Bowman Chevy.