When your car is in need of a replacement part or when you are looking to upgrade your vehicle with accessories, there are many options on the market. You may be wondering about the difference between OEM vs. aftermarket parts. While aftermarket parts may have an attractive price point, there are many reasons to opt for OEM parts from Bowman Chevrolet.
What are Aftermarket Parts?
An aftermarket part is any auto part or accessory that is not produced by the original manufacturer of the car. While aftermarket parts may be cheaper than those directly sourced from the original manufacturer, there are a few things to consider.
- Overwhelming selection – With aftermarket parts, there could be dozens of options for even the most simple components, like spark plugs. This could make it difficult to decide on the best option, and you could end up getting stuck with a low quality part.
- Quality can vary immensely – When compared with OEM parts, some aftermarket parts may be inferior due to the use of lower quality materials in production. Although the price tag may be attractive, sometimes you get what you pay for.
- Lack of warranty – To ensure a low price point, may aftermarket parts come without a warranty. Some may even void a vehicle’s warranty.
Why Choose OEM Parts?
OEM parts are created by the vehicle’s manufacturer, so they are a perfect match for the parts they replace. What are some of the benefits of OEM parts?
- Selection is easy – With OEM parts, there is usually just one type available, so you don’t have to try to determine the quality of the part you choose.
- Assurance of quality – Because the OEM part you get is exactly the same as the one it replaces, you are familiar with its performance.
- Warranties are included – Most OEM parts come with at least a one-year warranty against any defects.
Visit the Bowman Chevy Parts Department
At Bowman Chevy, we are proud to offer high quality auto parts to ensure your vehicle operates at peak performance for many years to come. Stop by today to browse our extensive inventory, or set up a service appointment for anything from routine maintenance to extensive repairs from the comfort of your home.