“Why won’t my car start?” If you have recently asked this question, Bowman Chevy is here to help. There are several possible reasons why your car isn’t starting properly. Schedule your service appointment today, and our technicians will get your vehicle back up and running in no time.
- Dead battery – Most often, a dead battery is the cause of a no-start. The battery may also be weak, causing a low, groaning sound. Instrument panel lights may also be dim. Typically, a jump-start should at least temporarily fix this issue, but it is important to find the cause of the dead battery to prevent the problem in the near future.
- Bad starter – A bad starter may seem like a weak battery, causing the same type of sound, but it is a different issue. You may also hear a grinding sound, or the starter may not turn over at all.
- Out of gas – This may seem like a no-brainer, but it does happen. Check the needle on your fuel gauge to see if it is the culprit.
- Faulty alternator – When the alternator is not operating at peak performance, the battery may not get properly charged.
- Weak fuel pump – You may have plenty of fuel in the tank, but if the fuel pump is weak, that fuel may be prevented from reaching the engine.
- Worn spark plugs – Because spark plugs typically don’t need to be replaced until the 100,000-mile mark, this simple task is often overlooked.
Schedule a Service Appointment Today
If you are unsure about what is preventing your vehicle from starting properly, the experts at Bowman Chevy would be glad to assist you. Our state-of-the-art facility has all of the latest diagnostic tools to find precisely what is wrong with your vehicle. Our certified technicians have the knowledge, training, and expertise to get your vehicle back to peak performance. Set up your appointment today, and be back on the road sooner than you may think! Contact us for more information.