Busy drivers sometimes wonder, “Why take a car test drive before you buy?” After all, many drivers think they know exactly what they want when they step onto the lot. But, you may be surprised when you’re behind the wheel! At Bowman Chevy, we have a few tips and tricks to make sure that you get the most out of your new car test drive – and find the perfect car for you!
Planning Your New Car Test Drive
By doing a little prep work ahead of time, you can save time at the dealership and get a better sense of what each vehicle brings to the table.
- Research your options extensively and create a short list of your potential options. Don’t forget to consider your trade-in vehicle when setting your budget!
- Plan a day to devote to test drives. You’ll want to compare each vehicle back-to-back, so you can spot the subtle differences between each model.
- Try to bring a friend or family member along to catch things that you might miss. Plus, they can check out the passenger accommodations while you’re in the driver’s seat!
- Consider checking out your top two vehicles in a nighttime test drive to evaluate the headlights and cabin illumination.
Getting Behind the Wheel
When you get to the dealership, let your sales rep know which vehicles are on your mind to streamline the process. They might even recommend models that you may have missed. After the keys are in your hand, take note of the following areas:
- Comfort: How do the seats feel? Do you have enough space?
- Technology: Can you sync your smartphone with the tech options onboard?
- Performance: Do you feel comfortable on both city roads and highways? Try to park. Can you navigate easily?
- Visibility: Can you see in every direction without strain? How is the blind spot?
- Noise: Do you hear tons of road noise and wind noise, or is the cabin quiet?
Make some notes so you can compare each vehicle when you’re done for the day.
The Next Steps
Now that you know how to test drive a car and you’ve found the right model, what’s next? Find out what to do after buying a car with Bowman Chevy in Clarkston, near Detroit and Waterford. Still have questions? Contact us at any time!
If you’re in the market for a new car, you might be overwhelmed by car financing information. While some people recommend buying your new vehicle, others swear by the flexibility of leasing. So, when does it make sense to lease over buying? Let’s go through the basics, so you can make the best decision for your needs.
Leasing vs. Buying
First, what are the main differences between leasing vs. buying? Buying a vehicle is a long-term solution. Generally, you’ll need to spend a little more on your down payment and monthly fees. But after years of paying off your loan, the car is yours to own. Leasing a vehicle is a short-term option. Typically, your contract will last two or three years – which means your car is often under warranty the whole time. At the end of your contract, simply turn the car into the dealership. This low-stress solution is a great option if you need a vehicle for a shorter period of time.
If you feel like a car loan is too big of a commitment for your needs, you might be a good candidate for a car lease. See if any of these scenarios sound familiar:
- Short-Term Stay: Moving somewhere for college or a short-term work stay? Leasing a vehicle might be an easier option than dealing with the resale issues of traditional car financing.
- Luxury Shopping: Want to experience luxury without breaking the bank? Check out the promotions on a luxury car lease. You’ll typically save quite a bit, especially with a trade-in.
- Work Vehicles: Need a car for your business? A leased vehicle is much easier to work into your expenses from an accounting perspective.
- Upgrade Potential: Get bored with cars easily? You can turn in your leased vehicle after a few years and explore the latest models with the latest technology.
Find Your New Car Today
Ready to find your next vehicle? Contact us at Bowman Chevy in Clarkston, near Waterford and Detroit, and we’ll help you find just the right model for your budget and lifestyle. We can help you take a test drive, set up financing, and even learn what to do after buying a car. Stop by the dealership today!
Wondering how to trade in a car and maximize your profits? It’s easy, if you follow some key steps.
How do You Trade in a Car?
Ultimately, you want to get as much money as possible for your trade in. Accomplishing this is all about arming yourself with information:
- Estimate your car’s trade-in value. Go online for pricing guides and third-party data.
- Get quotes for your trade-in. Call or email local dealers for trade-in appraisal.
- Use your new car purchase as leverage. Keep your trade-in and new car purchase negotiations separate.
- You don’t have to trade in your car. You can always sell your car to a private party if you don’t like your offers.
When to Trade in a Car
When you don’t owe any money on your car, trading it in is a no-brainer. If you have a car loan, things can get a little dicey if you owe more than your car is worth because you’ll have to pay the difference.
Bowman Chevy Trade-In Resources
If you need help with your trade-in, car loans, or deciding how to finance your next vehicle, Bowman Chevy is here for you with a wealth of resources. We’re located in Clarkston, and we’re close to Detroit and Waterford. Contact us today!
As you shop around for your next vehicle, you may be debating the merits of leasing vs. buying a new car. However, at Bowman Chevy, we strive to make the car buying process as quick and easy as possible. If you’re considering leasing a vehicle around Waterford, dive into our leasing guide to learn more about the process and whether it is a good option for you. Then get in touch with our financing department to set up a personalized payment plan that meets your needs and budget.
What is a Lease?
Leasing is an affordable short-term version of financing. Leasing is often compared to a long-term car rental, but it’s different from renting. When leasing a vehicle, the lessee actually finances the vehicle for the value of the car over predetermined amount time, as opposed to the total value itself.
What are the Benefits of Leasing?
There are many benefits to leasing a vehicle, but perhaps the biggest draw is the prospect of driving a new car every three-or-more years. Another benefit is the cost of monthly payments. Lease payments are generally lower than financing payments, since lease payments cover the cost of a lessee’s designated time with the vehicle, rather than paying for the overall cost in the case of financing. Additionally, maintenance costs on a lease are often under warranty, so there are no added service charges should you need a tune-up.
Should I Lease my Vehicle?
This is often the toughest question to ask yourself when car shopping, but it really depends on your needs and preferences. Should you need assistance with calculating possible monthly payments, or have any other questions about leasing, you can always contact our financing department and speak to one of our experts.
Lease Your Vehicle at Bowman Chevy
If you’ve decided to lease, or are in search of your next new vehicle, choose Bowman Chevy in Clarkston! Enjoy an amazing new Chevy vehicle at an affordable price. We look forward to helping you find the perfect car for the perfect price.
Have you been searching for affordable car loans in Clarkston? Look no further than Bowman Chevy. Our finance department will help you secure some of the most competitive rates in the area. We make it a top priority to take the hassle out of automotive financing, so you can quickly drive away in the vehicle of your dreams.
Before heading to the dealership, feel free to pre-qualify for financing at Bowman Chevy. Our no-obligation online form is secure and easy to fill out. Even if you have already applied for financing from a bank or other financial institution, we may be able to find you a lower interest rate.
Auto Financing Tips
Bowman Chevy makes finding affordable car loans in Clarkston a reality, but there are several auto financing tips that can help ensure that you are getting the best possible deal.
- Know your credit score – Bowman Chevy provides shoppers with an online tool to estimate your credit score. The better your score, the lower your interest rate will be. There are many ways to boost your credit score, such as paying bills on time and eliminating credit card balances.
- Keep terms as short as you can afford – Although a shorter loan term means higher monthly payments, it also means you will pay less in interest. This will save you money over time.
- Put 20 percent down if you can – A significant down payment can make a big difference when it comes to saving money on auto financing. If possible, aim to make a down payment of at least 20 percent.
Visit Bowman Chevy Today
When you are searching for affordable car loans in Clarkston, there is no reason to go anywhere else than Bowman Chevy. From our competitive rates to our dedicated staff, we strive to make the car shopping experience as quick and convenient as possible. Contact us today for more information.