When winter arrives, traveling—even just around town—can be difficult with inclement weather. This is why it’s important for you to get winter tires on your vehicle, regardless of what type of vehicle you drive. From those with sedans to those with pickup trucks, winter tires make it easier for you to navigate because they offer better traction than other tires on the market today. If you’re curious about getting winter tires, the following information will help sway you into doing so.
Winter tires allow you to handle the roads in a more profound way. Even if you have all-season tires, winter tires have better technology to provide enhanced traction. If you place summer tires on your vehicle, you’ll definitely want to switch to winter tires because they don’t perform well once the temperature gets cold. Finally, for SUVs or pickup trucks that come with all-wheel drive, adding snow tires gives you the enhanced traction on the road as well as the power needed to keep moving in snowy and icy conditions.
So how are winter tires better?
- They consist of flexible rubber compounds that contact the road in cold conditions.
- The tread designs offer maximum grip in all types of weather.
- Extra slots make it easier for these tires to grab onto snow.
- Special tread compounds ensure traction is achieved even on icy conditions.
Aside from getting snow tires on your vehicle, the winter conditions can be tough to manage. During this time, it’s extremely important for you to ensure you are using preventative driving measures and paying extra attention to what’s going on in front of you. In addition, be smart about how fast you’re driving, especially when the conditions are slippery. When you’re focused and alert, you can improve the way you handle the road.
Let Bowman Chevrolet Help
When purchasing winter tires, it’s a good idea to purchase them from a trusted source who knows your vehicle inside and out. Bowman Chevrolet has a talented service center that can help provide you with the right tires for your vehicle and even have them installed quickly. Visit us today at 6750 Dixie Highway in Clarkston, MI or contact us at 877-3345-9943 to find out more about our current offers.
“Why won’t my car start?” If you have recently asked this question, Bowman Chevy is here to help. There are several possible reasons why your car isn’t starting properly. Schedule your service appointment today, and our technicians will get your vehicle back up and running in no time.
- Dead battery – Most often, a dead battery is the cause of a no-start. The battery may also be weak, causing a low, groaning sound. Instrument panel lights may also be dim. Typically, a jump-start should at least temporarily fix this issue, but it is important to find the cause of the dead battery to prevent the problem in the near future.
- Bad starter – A bad starter may seem like a weak battery, causing the same type of sound, but it is a different issue. You may also hear a grinding sound, or the starter may not turn over at all.
- Out of gas – This may seem like a no-brainer, but it does happen. Check the needle on your fuel gauge to see if it is the culprit.
- Faulty alternator – When the alternator is not operating at peak performance, the battery may not get properly charged.
- Weak fuel pump – You may have plenty of fuel in the tank, but if the fuel pump is weak, that fuel may be prevented from reaching the engine.
- Worn spark plugs – Because spark plugs typically don’t need to be replaced until the 100,000-mile mark, this simple task is often overlooked.
Schedule a Service Appointment Today
If you are unsure about what is preventing your vehicle from starting properly, the experts at Bowman Chevy would be glad to assist you. Our state-of-the-art facility has all of the latest diagnostic tools to find precisely what is wrong with your vehicle. Our certified technicians have the knowledge, training, and expertise to get your vehicle back to peak performance. Set up your appointment today, and be back on the road sooner than you may think! Contact us for more information.
Looking for pure, raw power under the hood? The legendary 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 has a lineup of engine options for the brute strength you need, combined with maximum fuel efficiency. And, this workhorse is recognized as the most dependable and long-lasting full-size pickup trucks out there, so the Silverado will bring you years of jobs well done.
What Are the Engine Choices?
||285 hp at 5,300 rpm
||305 lb-ft at 3,900 rpm
||18 MPG city/24 MPG highway
||355 hp at 5,600 rpm
||383 lb-ft at 3,100 rpm
||18 MPG city/24 MPG highway
||420 hp at 5,600 rpm
||460 lb-ft at 4,100 rpm
||15 MPG city/21 MPG highway
Pick Your Power
No matter which Silverado 1500 engine you choose, you’re going to be equipped with serious horsepower and torque, plus massive towing capability and competitive fuel economy. In fact, many of these engine specs are best-in-class, so there’s no research needed to know how the Silverado stacks up against other pickup trucks.
- 4.3L EcoTec3 V6 – This aluminum block engine puts out a solid 285 hp and best-in-class standard V6 torque – 385 lb-ft, giving it 7,600 pounds of towing capability. Active Fuel Management ensures the engine operates at peak fuel efficiency, an EPA-estimated 18 MPG city/24 MPG highway.
- 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 – With 355 hp and 383 lb-ft of torque, this engine is a beast. It has 11,100 pounds of towing capacity, while achieving best-in-class V8 fuel economy of 18 MPG city/24 MPG highway.
- 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 – The most powerful engine available for the Silverado 1500, the 6.2L V8 churns out 420 hp and 460 lb-ft and boasts 12,500 pound of towing capability, the best in its class.
Experience the Silverado Performance
Chevy Silverado engine options give you the flexibility to choose the right amount of power and efficiency for the work you’re doing. And, you can try them all out and experience how they compare at Bowman Chevy. All it takes is a test drive to feel the difference and make your decision. Come check out our inventory, and we’ll help you explore all the options. Contact Bowman Chevy and get behind the wheel of a Silverado 1500 today!
Although Chevy vehicles are expertly designed with safety as a top priority, having a vehicle safety kit in your car can give you added peace of mind. What should be included in your vehicle safety kit? Explore our checklist below!
Our Handy Checklist
- Jumper cables
- Road flares
- Rain poncho
- Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Duct tape
- Fire extinguisher
- Multipurpose tool
- Water bottles and non-perishable snacks
- A first aid kit (include bandages, antiseptic, antibiotic ointment, tweezers, cotton balls, gauze pads, and aspirin)
Other Additional Items
There are several other items that may be beneficial to include depending on your driving needs and location.
- Ice scraper
- Blankets or other warm clothing items
- Cat litter (for slick roads)
- Battery-powered fan
- Antifreeze/brake fluid (if you have an older vehicle)
How Should I Pack My Vehicle Safety Kit?
There are a few tips to consider when building your vehicle safety kit. First, find a clear plastic container that has a secure lid. Second, make sure everything is arranged neatly. It is best if items are in a single layer for easy access. Third, list all of the items in the kit and attach that list to the lid of the container. Lastly, keep tabs on each item in the kit and replace anything that is used up or expired.
Visit Bowman Chevy Today
Chevy prides itself on producing vehicles with all of the latest safety amenities, but it is a good idea to create a vehicle safety kit for your car in case of any unexpected emergencies. For more information about vehicle safety, contact Bowman Chevy.
Have you been searching for affordable car loans in Clarkston? Look no further than Bowman Chevy. Our finance department will help you secure some of the most competitive rates in the area. We make it a top priority to take the hassle out of automotive financing, so you can quickly drive away in the vehicle of your dreams.
Before heading to the dealership, feel free to pre-qualify for financing at Bowman Chevy. Our no-obligation online form is secure and easy to fill out. Even if you have already applied for financing from a bank or other financial institution, we may be able to find you a lower interest rate.
Auto Financing Tips
Bowman Chevy makes finding affordable car loans in Clarkston a reality, but there are several auto financing tips that can help ensure that you are getting the best possible deal.
- Know your credit score – Bowman Chevy provides shoppers with an online tool to estimate your credit score. The better your score, the lower your interest rate will be. There are many ways to boost your credit score, such as paying bills on time and eliminating credit card balances.
- Keep terms as short as you can afford – Although a shorter loan term means higher monthly payments, it also means you will pay less in interest. This will save you money over time.
- Put 20 percent down if you can – A significant down payment can make a big difference when it comes to saving money on auto financing. If possible, aim to make a down payment of at least 20 percent.
Visit Bowman Chevy Today
When you are searching for affordable car loans in Clarkston, there is no reason to go anywhere else than Bowman Chevy. From our competitive rates to our dedicated staff, we strive to make the car shopping experience as quick and convenient as possible. Contact us today for more information.