If your sticker-covered bumper no longer reflects your current sense of style, it might be time for an auto makeover. But many Detroit drivers wonder how to remove stickers from a car without ruining the finish. Luckily, it’s surprisingly easy to learn how to remove stickers from car paint and glass surfaces. Let’s go into the supplies and techniques that you’ll need to complete the job like a pro!
Tools of the Trade
When you remove a sticker from a car, you’ll have to work quickly. That’s why it’s important to gather all of the supplies you’ll need in one place ahead of time. Here is your shopping list:
- Hair dryer
- Two clean cloths (rags, detailing towels, microfiber)
- Tree sap remover solution
- Razor blade or box cutter and glass cleaning solution (for glass surfaces)
- Sturdy plastic car (credit card, library card, etc.) and quick detailing spray (for painted surfaces)
Sticker Removal Technique
Now that you have everything you need, here are the steps that you’ll need to follow to get your car clean and spotless:
- Run your car through the car wash or clean the area surrounding the sticker by hand. You want to get rid of any dirt or debris in the area.
- Flip on the hair dryer and blow warm air onto the surface of the sticker, keeping the nozzle a few inches above the car. Move from the center outward.
- When the sticker feels warm, try to pry up the edge with your card or a fingernail. Use the box cutter or razor on glass surfaces, and use the plastic card for painted surfaces.
- If the sticker moves, keep pulling. It’s okay if it breaks. Keep peeling until the entire design has released.
- If the sticker is still stuck, repeat the previous two steps until the glue is loosened. Push your card under the sticker to nudge it free.
- Once the sticker is off, use your card or blade to pry up any sticky residue that you notice. Use a spray of tree sap remover on a clean cloth to clear away the remaining adhesive.
- Finish with glass cleaner or detailing spray and buff with your second clean cloth.
Find Out More with Bowman Chevy
Now that you know how to remove sticker residue from a car, want to learn how to detail your car like an expert? Let us help you at Bowman Chevy, serving Clarkston and Waterford. Contact us to get started!