The Chevy Silverado has always been known around Detroit for its rugged performance and exceptional utility, and the 2019 Silverado 1500 Durabed brings this popular pickup to an entirely new level. With its best-in-class cargo volume, the Durabed is the largest pickup truck bed on the market. That means that whether you need your new Silverado for work or for play, the latest model can handle all of your equipment and gear with ease. Take a look at the Silverado 1500 specs with Bowman Chevy!
Durabed Truck Bed
For the 2019 model year, Chevy’s team of engineers sought to maximize the utility of the pickup truck bed. The result was the new standard Durabed, constructed with high-strength steel that clocks in at 500 megapascals. Standard features include enlarged cutouts and CornerStep bumpers for better functionality, but this pickup truck bed can also be outfitted with tons of optional features to make your trip a little easier. Add technology like in-bed LED lighting and a 110/120-volt power outlet, or take a look at the Chevy Silverado accessories at the shop for additional customization. Check out how the Durabed compares to the other trucks you might be considering:
||2019 Chevrolet Silverado
||2019 Ford F-Series
||2019 Ram 1500
||63 cubic feet
||53 cubic feet
||54 cubic feet
||72 cubic feet
||62 cubic feet
||62 cubic feet
||89 cubic feet
||77 cubic feet
Chevy Silverado Specs
So the Durabed pickup bed is stronger and larger than ever, but how does it function on a day-to-day basis? This truck bed is packed with utility, along with plenty of room for personalization. Here are some of the new features that you can expect from the 2019 Chevy Silverado specs:
- The Silverado offers 12 fixed tie-downs that can handle 500 pounds of force – twice as much as before!
- Nine additional movable tie-down points bring the total to 21 tie-downs available.
- Take your pick of four different tailgate variants to best suit your needs: standard gate, standard gate with lift assist, power lock/release, and the industry-exclusive power-up/down.
Explore the Silverado Lineup at Bowman Chevy
The 2019 Silverado 1500 Durabed is the talk of the town in Clarkston and Waterford, so why not take a look for yourself at Bowman Chevy? If you have any questions about what accessories we offer or details about the Silverado’s towing capabilities, and how it compares to other pickup trucks, please contact us!
No driver wants to see a scratch on their vehicle, but your car’s appearance isn’t the only thing that can take a hit from exterior damage. If a deep scratch is left untreated, it can lead to a long-term loss of value, so it’s important to assess the damage right away. Those who act quickly may be able to save their vehicle from the rust that can form on exposed metal.
How to Remove Deep Scratches from Car Paint
If the scratch you’ve noticed has only penetrated the clear coat, removing the scratch may be as simple as cleaning the affected area, buffing with a scratch remover, and then washing and waxing for an even finish. However, if you believe the scratch may cut all the way through to your vehicle’s metal body, the scratch removal process can be significantly more involved:
- After procuring the correct touch-up paint, clean the scratch using automotive soap and water. Make sure to remove any rust, or it will continue to spread underneath your new layer of paint.
- Once the area is dry, use a small brush to apply automotive primer to the scratched area.
- After the primer has dried, apply a layer of touch-up paint over the scratch. If the scratch is small, you may get the best results by applying the paint with a toothpick.
- Add a layer of clear coat over the dried paint and primer. If you’re using a spray can, take steps to limit overapplication and dripping.
- Polish the area with a polishing wheel and rubbing compound. Then, wax and wash the car to make sure that your hard work lasts.
Paintless Car Dent Removal
Depending on where you go, removing dents in your vehicle can be a costly process. Although it is possible to remove small dents by applying a plunger to the damaged area, most drivers in the Clarkston and Detroit areas will have the best experience when they visit a trusted local service center. The technicians at Bowman Chevy are well practiced in paintless car dent removal, and when you visit our collision center, you may be able to get the work you need for less.
Get the Work You Need at Bowman Chevy!
Drivers from as far out as Detroit and Waterford trust the experts at the Bowman Chevy service center. We can help you remove deep scratches and dents in just a short time, and we’ve made it easy to schedule service. If you have a problem you can’t solve on your own, contact our team today.
If your sticker-covered bumper no longer reflects your current sense of style, it might be time for an auto makeover. But many Detroit drivers wonder how to remove stickers from a car without ruining the finish. Luckily, it’s surprisingly easy to learn how to remove stickers from car paint and glass surfaces. Let’s go into the supplies and techniques that you’ll need to complete the job like a pro!
Tools of the Trade
When you remove a sticker from a car, you’ll have to work quickly. That’s why it’s important to gather all of the supplies you’ll need in one place ahead of time. Here is your shopping list:
- Hair dryer
- Two clean cloths (rags, detailing towels, microfiber)
- Tree sap remover solution
- Razor blade or box cutter and glass cleaning solution (for glass surfaces)
- Sturdy plastic car (credit card, library card, etc.) and quick detailing spray (for painted surfaces)
Sticker Removal Technique
Now that you have everything you need, here are the steps that you’ll need to follow to get your car clean and spotless:
- Run your car through the car wash or clean the area surrounding the sticker by hand. You want to get rid of any dirt or debris in the area.
- Flip on the hair dryer and blow warm air onto the surface of the sticker, keeping the nozzle a few inches above the car. Move from the center outward.
- When the sticker feels warm, try to pry up the edge with your card or a fingernail. Use the box cutter or razor on glass surfaces, and use the plastic card for painted surfaces.
- If the sticker moves, keep pulling. It’s okay if it breaks. Keep peeling until the entire design has released.
- If the sticker is still stuck, repeat the previous two steps until the glue is loosened. Push your card under the sticker to nudge it free.
- Once the sticker is off, use your card or blade to pry up any sticky residue that you notice. Use a spray of tree sap remover on a clean cloth to clear away the remaining adhesive.
- Finish with glass cleaner or detailing spray and buff with your second clean cloth.
Find Out More with Bowman Chevy
Now that you know how to remove sticker residue from a car, want to learn how to detail your car like an expert? Let us help you at Bowman Chevy, serving Clarkston and Waterford. Contact us to get started!